This is what my mother (with limited cooking skills) fed the family and it was always a treat.
Serve with apple sauce and Sauerkraut
Mama’s Pork Chops (and Ham Steak) Recipe:
- 2 - JEM Farm Pork Chops or 1 - Large Ham Steak
- 1 Large Onion
- 3 Tbs Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Preheat skillet with oil, slice and saute onion until they begin to caramelize.
2. Add thawed Chops or (ham steaks) on top of caramelized onions, reduce heat and cover.
3. Cook approximately 20 minutes turning meat and onions half way.
4. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve when onions are fully caramelized and meat is golden brown.